What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things, eg remembering your preferences, recording what you have put in your shopping basket, and counting the number of people looking at a website.
How can I control my cookies?
You can use your web browser to:
- delete all cookies;
- block all cookies;
- allow all cookies;
- block third-party cookies;
- clear all cookies when you close the browser;
- open a 'private browsing' / 'incognito' session, which allows you to browse the internet without storing local data; and
- install add-ons and plug-ins to extend browser functionality.
We use information derived from cookies in order to:
- compile statistics on how our website is being used, which can help us to improve our website and online services.
- facilitate users' ability to navigate through the website.
- ascertain whether the website is operating effectively.
- personalise and improve the service we offer you by understanding your preferences and establishing which areas of the website are most relevant to you.
We also use cookie technology with our online registration forms to ensure we maintain your confidentiality and security as you move through secure or password protected areas of the our websites.